Happy Sunday everyone! Hope we’re all having a good time, full of fry-ups, lie ins and perhaps the odd retro movie or three 🙂
If you’re as big a Labyrinth fan as I am, you’ll make any excuse to watch this timeless fairytale adventure. So here’s a few little known facts to tempt you back into the magical world that is Jareths Labyrinth. The secret is that there are seven hidden faces of Jareth (David Bowie) dotted around this magical maze. If didn’t know this, then read on and I shall reveal all.
Take a look at some of the random times the face of our retro hero David Bowie pops up that you might not have noticed before.
1. The first face appears as soon as Sarah enters the Labyrinth (after talking to the little blue ello worm).
2. After the tunnel cleaners scene, Hoggle and Sarah climb a ladder. Hoggle steps on a weak rung and it breaks. As they show the rung falling, Jareth’s face appears among the rocks.
3. After talking to the wiseman, Sarah and Hoggle walk through a hedge maze. Jareth’s face is on the floor, to the left of the obelisk.
4. In the scene after Sarah frees Ludo, Hoggle is seen walking off and muttering, “She’ll never get through the Labyrinth.”Jareth’s face appears on the top left hand corner.
5. At the beginning of the scene were Jareth gives Hoggle the poison peach.
6. Jareth’s face can been seen on the wall of the Bog of Eternal Stench, right after the ledge crumbles.
7. In the forest, right after they leave the Bog of Eternal Stench, Jareth’s face appears among the trees.
Don’t believe us? Check out this clip and see them in action for yourself…
[lyte id=”YCmdYCrHXoc” /]
So have you spotted any of these before? Or is it all news you you?
with special thanks to BuzzFeed