Ahh wow it’s all coming back now! Can you believe this May (6th) will mark the ten year anniversary since the last ever Friends episode?!? Kinda scary thought we know but while this classic cult show is sadly long gone, our love for it and its spirit is still very much alive and kicking.
Celebrate the arrival of some amazing new Friends Mugs into the TruffleShuffle collection with a few perhaps lesser known bits of Friends trivia in our big 10 Things You [Probably] Didn’t Know About Friends feature.
1. The iconic orange couch in Central Perk was found by a set designer in the basement of the Warner Bros. Studios.
2. The six friends had a private huddle backstage before every single episode. They wouldn’t allow anyone or any cameras in the room while they prepped for the show.
3. Friends co-creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane are also co-writers of the show’s theme song “I’ll Be There For You” by the Rembrants.
4. The big white dog in Joey and Chandler’s apartment belonged to Jennifer Aniston. A friend gave it to her as a good luck gift when she got her role on the show.
5. The frame around the peephole originally had a mirror in it. It was accidentally broken by a crew member, but because it still looked good, they decided to leave it there.
6. Gunther was not originally a speaking part; the actor, James Michael Tyler, got the role as an extra because he knew how to work an espresso machine.
7. In the episode where Phoebe, Monica and Rachel were on the balcony and Rachel knocks the pillow over the edge – that wasn’t ever supposed to happen, they just ran with it after it fell off.
8. The ages of the cast when the show premiered….
9. Originally Matthew Perry (Chandler) was offered the role in “Lost in Space”. He declined and tipped the casting people about Matthew LeBlanc and that is how Matt got the part.
10. The final episode was watched by 52.46 million viewers and is the fourth most-watched television series finale in U.S. history.