We’re back with another 10 Things You [Probably] Didn’t Know About… special blog post peeps! Oh how we love to dig up some retro treasure and perhaps potential pub quiz trivia.
Today to help celebrate the release of our exclusive new Mean Girls T-Shirts we’re diving head long into the weird and wonderful world of The Plastics with a little look at some top cool facts we discovered about 2004 classic! Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride…
1. Regina George’s signature long, blonde hair was actually a wig. – Her hair was too short for the character’s look so they had to improvise. Wouldn’t have been the same without it right?
2. Lindsay Lohan was initially cast as Regina, but she didn’t want people to associate her with the “mean girl” character in real life. It happens right? Rachel McAdams was instead cast as Regina, because “only nice girls can play mean girls.”
3. Actress Amy Poehler (Regina’s mom) is actually only seven years older than Rachel McAdams (Regina). Movies are weird.
4. Mr. Duvall’s carpal tunnel was actually written into the script, because Tim Meadows had broken his hand before shooting in real life, and needed to wear a cast during filming.
5. Many scenes and lines in the script had to be changed to maintain the films PG-13 rating. Can you imagine how different the Gretchen Weiners kissing Jason at a party scene and the reference to ‘kissing’ a Hot Dog could have been!
6. The beloved Glen Coco actually gets his name from a real person, a good friend of Tina Fey.
7. Even though the movie was set in Evanston, Illinois, it was actually filmed in Canada.
8. Lacey Chabert, who played Gretchen, was the voice of Eliza Thornberry on the cartoon The Wild Thornberrys. She was also Meg in the first season of Family Guy, until the character was rewritten.
9. When casting the film, Tina Fey picked the actor who plays Aaron Samuels because she thought “he looked like Jimmy Fallon.”
10. Mean Girls is based on the book Queen Bees and Wannabes: Helping Your Daughter Survive Cliques, Gossip, Boyfriends, and Other Realities of Adolescence by Rosalind Wiseman.
So there you have them peeps! Know any other cool Mean girls facts? Shout them out below in the comments box.
Don’t forget to check out our exclusive new Mean Girls Clothing also to add some extra 00’s cool to your style….