We’re back again folks! Yep every once in a little while we dive head-first into a fact finding mission as we pick out one of our favourite things to uncover and share on our little corner of the internet. Think of it as like school but only learning stuff you really want to know, and with less tests.
This time we’re taking a trip back to Andy’s bedroom back in 1995 as we sniff out some amazing and perhaps little known facts about the movie masterpiece Toy Story!
So! Without further ado, sit back and enjoy some of out top Toy Story facts you didn’t not know before you now know….wait what?
1.The first movie was originally supposed to be called “You Are A Toy.” Not sure it has the same ring to it huh.
2. Toy Story 2 is one of just three Disney movies to win a Golden Globe for Best Picture. The other two are Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King. Classics!
3. Without Tim Burton’s classic Nightmare Before Christmas, Toy Story might never have happened! Yep before Burton’s hit, no animated film bearing the Disney name had ever made outside of Disney Studios. After it’s success the studio’s attitudes towards collaboration changed.
4. Because Hasbro denied Pixar the use of the name GI Joe when they learned that a GI Joe doll was going to be blown up by Sid (remember in the garden?), Pixar used the amazing army men instead. Solid choice!
5. Toy Story is the first fully computer-generated full-length feature film. Ever.
6. The number plates on Andy’s mum’s car are “A 111” on the front and “A 113” on the back. A111 and A113 are two rooms used by the animation department at CalArts which many employees of Pixar attended.
7. Tim Allen and Pixar originally wanted Jim Carrey to voice Buzz Lightyear, but they couldn’t due to the low budget they were given for the film.
8. The character of Andy is named after a Brown University Professor and computer science and animation pioneer Andries “Andy” Van Dam who taught many of makers of this film.
9. In their most productive week during production, Pixar completed 3.5 minutes of animation.
10. Buzz Lightyear’s original name was Lunar Larry.
Phew! So there you have them folks. Hopefully you’ve learned a little something new for the next home screening, just so you can annoy wow your friends and family.
Know any other cool Toy Story facts? Shout them out in the comments section below.