Just in case you missed it, this week we celebrated World Book Week, a day full of dressing up (mainly kids but this didn’t stop us), and just about as much inspiration as you could want to pick up that book you’ve always wanted to read and dive in!
But there’s more! As huuuuuge lovers of the Roald Dahl book series, we just had to bring in on very own exclusive range of T Shirts a while back which are all now 10% off! _
With a huge range of Roald Dahl T-Shirts available covering all the classics, check out some of our best selling designs available for less just by using discount code DAHLDISCOUNT14 at the checkout….
Be quick peeps! This offer ends at midnight tonight.
A bedtime staple since its first publication back in 1964, this story has been a part of almost everyone’s childhood and has become hits as films (1971 & 2005), operas and as a hit West End musical!
To celebrate this Whipple-Scrumptious occasion, the wonderful people at Roald Dahl have put together an amazing change for you to share YOUR Wonka memories.
To get involved, simply upload a picture or video of yourself with your favourite copy of Charlie – maybe even the one you read as a child – as well as your name, age and location and they will share their favourites on their amazing new RoaldDahl.com website blog as well as on their social media pages and profiles. Just like some of the celebrity fans…
Finally, using their special tag #CharlieAndTheChocolateFactory wherever you post it, they can spot it and perhaps share it. Sorted!
Camera shy? Don’t worry, you can get creative with you piccys and perhaps use the book to hide your identity while you strike a pose, it’s totally up to you 🙂
Anything else to add?
Of course! If you fancy sharing your first memories, thoughts and feelings of this classic book with the people at Roald Dahl directly, please do! Perhaps with your piccys you could include a little about….
– Who is your favoruite character and why?
– Which character do you think is most like you?
– Your first memory of reading this classic book? Was it read to you or did you tuck away and dive in yourself?
So there it is Roald Dahl fans! Go get snappy happy and join the fun.
That’s right peeps of the internets! It’s Roald Dahl day today and we’re busy celebrating one of the nations favourite authers in style with some of our fantastic retro Roald Dahl T-Shirts on and diving headfirst into the land of the man himself.
To help celebrate this big day, we’ve decided to pick out some cool Roald Dahl facts that’s hopefully you won’t already know, just to you can learn a little something new. Enjoy!
1) His first job wasselling kerosene in Midsomer Norton, he later went on to work for Shell while living in Kenya.
2) He was a Hurricane fighter pilot during World War II where he became a flying ace and intelligence officer, rising to the rank of wing commander.
3) He survived a plane crash! Struggling to find the airstrip, running low on fuel and with night approaching, he was forced to attempt a landing in the desert. The undercarriage hit a boulder and the aircraft crashed, fracturing his skull, smashing his nose and temporarily blinding him. He managed to drag himself away from the blazing wreckage and passed out. Later, he wrote about the crash in his first published work.
4) If not an Author, he’d liked to have been a doctor.
5) Born in Wales by Norwegian parents Harold and Sofie, he was named after one of the most celebrated explorers in Norwegian history, Roald Amundsen.
6) He always wrote in pencil on yellow paper. Yellow was also his favourite colour.
7) Roald Dahl could speak Norwegian, English, and Swahili. Norwegian was the first language he learned to speak.
8 ) Roald Dahl’s first book was published when he was 27 in 1943. It was “The Gremlins”.
9) He was once punished by the headmaster at school after putting a dead mouse in a jar of gobstoppers at the local sweet shop. Naughty!
10) In the 1986, he was offered the Order of the British Empire (OBE), but turned it down, supposedly because he wanted a knighthood so that his wife would be Lady Dahl.
That’s all folk! We hope you had some fun and learned a few extra pub quiz facts. How will you be celebrating this amazing day in honour of an amazing man?
Don’t forget to check out our fab an expanding range of exclusive and official Roald Dahl merchandise including T-Shirts, Vests and more covering all of your favourite works….