|As specialists in the finest 80s clothing on the web (yes I’m biased!) it’s actually part of our job description to spend a good hour or two daydreaming of the greatest era ever every day. Growing up in the Eighties was a real treat and installed in us the knowledge to make some of the greatest retro tees just for you lucky guys! So take a couple of minutes out from your busy day to reminisce with me, You know you grew up in the 80s if…
…Saturday mornings were spent watching Going Live, wishing you had your own Gordon the Gopher.
…Your ideal classmate would have been Tucker Jenkins from Grange Hill.
…You had a hairstyle inspired by King of Mullets Pat Sharp.
…You spent ages thinking about which Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle you would be, everyone wanted to be Raphael right!?
…You can recite the whole rap from The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air. “Now this is a story all about how, my life got flipped, turned upside down…” You’re singing along now, right!?
…You had enough time to complete computer games over and over again, and you still never got bored of them!
…You watched every episode of Jem but were secretly cheering on the Misfits, they had better songs!
…You knew what Willis was “talking’ bout”.
…You saved up pocket money every week to scare yourself with a new Point Horror book!
…You planned a hundred different trips that you would make in the Delorean.
…You dreamed of going on Funhouse, The Crystal Maze and Knightmare.
…You wanted to get mouth to mouth resuscitation from Pamela Anderson, but definitely not from David Hasselhoff.
…The Skesis from the Dark Crystal still gives you nightmares.
…You had a slow dance at the School Disco to True by Spandau Ballet.
…You wanted to live under the sea with Ariel.
…You would always argue in the playground about what was better, Nintendo or Sega.
…You kept trying to get the high score on Pac-Man but could never quite make it!
…You would spend hours perfecting mix-tapes and then play them to death, extra points if you were skilled enough to tape songs off the radio and were able to avoid the DJ at the start and end.
…The Care Bear you identified with most was Grumpy Bear.
…All you wanted for Christmas was a My Little Pony
…You used to check your wardrobe for signs of E.T. before going to bed every night.
…Your ideal job when you grew up was to be a Ghostbuster.
…And last but certainly not least, you know you grew up in the 80s if you had at least three of the things featured on our exclusive vintage 80s toys jumper from Mr Gugu and Miss Go. This jumper is sure to bring memories flooding back, how many can you name!?
|First aired in 1989 – Baywatch was one of the coolest shows on TV! Today marks the anniversary of the last ever show back in 2001. David Hasslehoff and Pamela Anderson running round wearing very little was probably the main highlight..but putting aside the tiny bikinis, and the even tinier speedos, it was also full of action packed story lines that seemed to keep us all entertained as we were growing up. Everything from earthquakes, shark attacks – serial killers, nuclear bombs….every now and again someone would nearly drown too – just a minor theme in the show!
As we are wise owls when it comes to retro trivia – we’re going to fill you in on some exciting facts relating to Baywatch!
* Baywatch is the brainchild of producer Gregory J. Bonann. He was a lifeguard who often worked with Michael Newman and came up with the series idea about lifeguards based on his experiences.
* Gregory pitched the idea around Hollywood for years without success until his sister married TV writer Douglas Schwartz. Douglas later teamed with Michael Berk and sold Gregory’s idea to NBC.
* At its peak in the mid-90s, Baywatch was seen by over 1 billion viewers, was shown in over 144 countries in 23 different languages.
* The show drew more female viewers than male. Statistics showed that female viewership was at a dominating 65 percent!
* Producer Douglas Schwartz’s business cards were once stolen. Afterwards, he began getting calls from actresses who claimed to have been promised a part on the show. The thief, who was later caught, was using the cards to ‘further his social life’.
* Many of the show’s actors had tatoos and in most seasons were covered with body makeup.
* Douglas Schwartz has stated that the show has made about $450 million.
* California beaches can get very cold. Baywatch makes it look as if it’s extremely sunny and warm. The water is 57 degrees. Gena Lee Nolin and Yasmine Bleeth once came down with hypothermia.
* Producers originally wanted to use “The Boys of Summer” by Don Henley for the Baywatch theme song, but fortunately for all the fans, they couldn’t afford the $100,000 licensing fee at that time.
Show off your appreciation with one of our Baywatch tees!
Feeling a little more brave? If you’re looking for a cool fancy dress costume – then we have just the thing for you! With the likes of Molly King and Georgie Porter rocking the ladies costume, it’s clearly fit for all Baywatch loving babes…!
What’s your favourite fact? For us – the business card one…he gets a massive high five from us!
Punky Allsorts has come to TruffleShuffle! We are so excited about the arrival of some pretty fantastic bracelets from celeb fave Punky Allsorts! The chunky Dolly Mix style bracelets are super-cute and have been spotted on the likes of Una Healy, Pamela Anderson and Lauren Conrad. With a choice of purples and pinks, blues and greens, dice, stars or skulls, there is something to suit everyone and every outfit! And if all that was not enough, we will be introducing some new funky styles next year!