Pretty much as 90s as something can be, X-Files is our very own little look back in time to one of the true TV greats!
Achieving cult status among fans, The X-Files had the lot. Paranormal goings on, plot twists, character chemistry, science things and of course the burning question, do we really know everything that’s going on in the world? Oh and one of the coolest theme tunes ever of course. TV bliss!
With the revamp in the form or season 10 which launched at the start of this year, people everywhere (including us!) have been once again back on the case and reminded of just what an icon this show is. Our rekindled love for this classic was inspiration enough for some new designs which is just what we’ve done with our latest collection of The X-Files TShirts!
With three designs to pick from, check out these fab new tees blow…
Pick up your very own today from just £16.99 at TruffleShuffle.co.uk.
See you there!
If like us you’ve got is baaad for Breaking Bad, you can’t have failed to notice the recent buzz created by the epic return of hit series surrounding a humble chemistry teacher and his ermm… extracurricular
activities into the big bad drugs world.
This week, AMC aired the first of the final eight episodes that will be coming our way smashing viewing records in its path with nearly double the viewers that watched the final season’s premiere back in July 2012!
If you’ve not seen the show or even the latest installment, make sure you take a peep and find our just what all the fuss is about. Whether you’re waiting for the next show to air or just wanting to fill your Breaking Bad minds fit to burst, check out some pretty cool things we’ve discovered about this amazing show that you may or may not know…..
1) 10 actors cast on the show, including Bryan Cranston (Walt), Aaron Paul (Jesse), and Dean Norris (Hank), had previously appeared on “The X-Files”, which “Breaking Bad” creator Vince Gilligan produced. It was Bryan’s appearance in this that got him the role as Walter.
2) According to Urban Dictionary, the term “breaking bad” is a slang term from the American Southwest and means “to challenge conventions, defy authorities, and skirt the edges of the law.”
3) Jesse Pinkman (played by Aaron Paul) was initially meant to be killed off at the end of season one, but creator Vince Gilligan decided against that after being impressed with Paul’s performance.
4) The name Walt gives to his alter ego, “Heisenberg,” is a tip of the hat to Werner Heisenberg, one of the most important physicists of the 20th century. He won the Nobel Prize for developing the theory of quantum mechanics.
5) Giancarlo Esposito, who played Chilean drug kingpin Gustavo or “Gus”, isn’t actually even Hispanic at all! He is half African-American and half Italian, but still ended up impressing all of the native Spanish speakers he shared multiple scenes with. Very cool!
6) Breaking Bad was originally set in Riverside, California but it was eventually moved to Albuquerque to take advantage of a tax rebate on TV production there.
7) It costs a staggering (wait for it…..) $3 million to shoot just one episode! This would then make each 13 episode season nearly a whopping £26 million!
8 ) The show is only now allowed to use one allotted ‘F-word’ per season. They used to get away with more, but then the show got much more popular. Something to look out for huh!
9) Hector Salamanca was originally meant to be the main villain in seasons three and four, not Gus Fring. Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!
10) Walt’s flustered pizza toss in season three was done in just one take. You can almost see his surprised response in this one 🙂
Hopefully you’ve learned a little something along the way, or maybe we’ve inspired you to give it a watch and see what the hype is all about, whichever it is we hope you had fun!
If you’re looking for even more way to get some Breaking Bad action into your lives….not literally of course, check out our amazing range of Breaking Bad T-Shirts available from only £19.99.
Stay tuned for even more designs and sizes coming soon!