We recently posted this picture from The Lion King on our TruffleShuffle.com Facebook page and the huge response we got from you lovely lot about all the other tear jerking sad scenes that affected your childhood really got us thinking!
Perhaps kids movies shouldn’t include such storylines – we are clearly all still emotionally scarred from whitenessing some of these moments right?
Some old, some new (a lot of them Disney!) – all intended as family friendly entertainment – well, we beg to differ…….! We even got a little tearful just researching for this feature 🙁
Looking back over all of your comments, we decided to put together a little rundown of the kids films that affected you guys the most, so as voted by you – get the tissues ready……..
10. The Fox And The Hound (when the old lady leaves little Tod in the woods!)
9. The Land Before Time (when Littlefoot’s mother dies)
8. The NeverEnding Story (when Artax the horse drowns in the Swamp Of Sadness)
7. Toy Story 2 (when Jessie sings ‘When She Loved Me’)
6. Marley And Me (not much explanation needed here!)
4. My Girl (when Vada finds out Thomas J has died)
3. Dumbo (when Dumbo’s mother is locked up and sings ‘Baby Mine’)
2. The Lion King (when Simba’s dad dies)
1. Up (the Carl & Ellie montage)
We can’t believe none of you mentioned the closing scene in E.T. The Extra Terrestrial, that film gets us every time! That film was actually shot in chronological sequence so when they’re saying goodbye to E.T. at the end, they really are saying goodbye 🙁
I guess the happy times outweigh the good times and we shouldn’t dwell on the sad stuff – I’m sure there is a life message hidden in there somewhere and we will see it once the tears have cleared…..!
Are there any others that you think we have missed and would have put in your top 10?