If you only get one chance to make a first impression, why not make it one to remember with a totally amazing new doormat that comes packed with personality!
Give your entrance a retro revamp it deserves and impress your visitors (AKA delivery drivers) with our latest collection of damn cool and oh-so exclusive door mats!
Hey you guys!! You can come in, but first, you gotta do the Truffle Shuffle! We don’t make the rules… actually you kinda will be with one of our exclusive new Do The Truffle Shuffle Door Mats at your step!
Enter stranger and prepare to take a trip back in time to the dank and dreary depths of Knightmare Castle with our latest tribute range!
We don’t know about you, nut back in the day we were totally obsessed with the virtual reality interactive gameplay show Knightmare.
Bringing all the drama, four brave dungeoneers would attempt to complete a set of riddles and mazes in order to escape. Three would be shouting orders the only adventurer who was blindfolded by the Helmet of Justice. You’d better hope they all know their left from their right! Let the adventure begin!
Growing up in the 80s/90s was the best! Everything was simple and fun, life wasn’t too serious and being cool was actually a thing that people could be. With no mobile phones or amazing internet to keep us busy we had to make our own fun, which typically meant heading to the park or a friend’s house, to see who was out or in so we could get them out!
Being surrounded by soooo many amazing 80s T-Shirts, it feels like we are always on a retro nostalgia trip here. Thinking back over some of our best childhood memories, we decided to put them all together and create our ultimate list of what it meant to be growing up at this special time.
Pack your bags folks! We’re taking a short trip down memory lane, likely to include a healthy mix of nostalgia, perhaps a few painful memories and of course as much 8O’s awesomeness as we can carry! Sit back and enjoy our top 20 Ways – You Know You’re an 80s Baby if….
1. You still think ten years ago was in the 90s…
2. You hoped one day be as cool as the teens in John Hughes movie…
3. You have ever played with a Skip-It….
4. You tight rolled (pegged) your jeans…and maybe still do!
5. You can sing the Ducktales Theme song…
6. You know the anger of having to rewind a film before you could watch it!
7. You had a fine collection of Sweater Shop/Naff Naff/Clothkits jumpers, wore slouch socks over leggings and styled your hair with padded alicebands and scrunchies
8. You know that slap bracelets were both a fashion accessory and a weapon…..and remember when they got banned at school.
9. You know that fixing your gaming technology meant blowing on it….
10. You can sing the entire opening rap to “The Fresh Prince of Bel Air”.
11. You had to wait 15 minutes to play your favourite game on your Spectrum ZX
12. You grew up with only 4 TV channels to watch.
13. Your party soundtrack Jive Bunnie and the Master Mixers.
14. When heading to the local market to get the latest pair of ‘spliffy jeans’ was the norm….
15. When you would get up as early as possible for Saturday morning TV. Going Live with Gordon the Gopher was a real highlight.
16. When you always dreamed of going on Funhouse, Knightmare or The Crystal Maze.
17. When you spent hours painstakingly making awesome mix tapes off the radio.
18. When you would always argue in the playground over what was better, Nintendo or SEGA.
19. You could breakdance, or wished you could at least.
20. You’ve spent the last few moments nodding at most of these points 🙂
Hopefully you’ve enjoyed out little tour through your 80s childhood and can relate to some of our strongest memories growing up.
So what about your 80s/90s childhood moments, shout out any more ideas to this you might have by leaving a comment below.
As specialists in the finest 80s clothing on the web (yes I’m biased!) it’s actually part of our job description to spend a good hour or two daydreaming of the greatest era ever every day. Growing up in the Eighties was a real treat and installed in us the knowledge to make some of the greatest retro tees just for you lucky guys! So take a couple of minutes out from your busy day to reminisce with me, You know you grew up in the 80s if…
…Saturday mornings were spent watching Going Live, wishing you had your own Gordon the Gopher.
…Your ideal classmate would have been Tucker Jenkins from Grange Hill.
…You had a hairstyle inspired by King of Mullets Pat Sharp.
…You spent ages thinking about which Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle you would be, everyone wanted to be Raphael right!?
…You can recite the whole rap from The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air. “Now this is a story all about how, my life got flipped, turned upside down…” You’re singing along now, right!?
…You had enough time to complete computer games over and over again, and you still never got bored of them!
…You watched every episode of Jem but were secretly cheering on the Misfits, they had better songs!
…You knew what Willis was “talking’ bout”.
…You saved up pocket money every week to scare yourself with a new Point Horror book!
…You planned a hundred different trips that you would make in the Delorean.
…You dreamed of going on Funhouse, The Crystal Maze and Knightmare.
…You wanted to get mouth to mouth resuscitation from Pamela Anderson, but definitely not from David Hasselhoff.
…The Skesis from the Dark Crystal still gives you nightmares.
…You had a slow dance at the School Disco to True by Spandau Ballet.
…You wanted to live under the sea with Ariel.
…You would always argue in the playground about what was better, Nintendo or Sega.
…You kept trying to get the high score on Pac-Man but could never quite make it!
…You would spend hours perfecting mix-tapes and then play them to death, extra points if you were skilled enough to tape songs off the radio and were able to avoid the DJ at the start and end.
…The Care Bear you identified with most was Grumpy Bear.
…All you wanted for Christmas was a My Little Pony
…You used to check your wardrobe for signs of E.T. before going to bed every night.
…Your ideal job when you grew up was to be a Ghostbuster.
…And last but certainly not least, you know you grew up in the 80s if you had at least three of the things featured on our exclusive vintage 80s toys jumper from Mr Gugu and Miss Go. This jumper is sure to bring memories flooding back, how many can you name!?